It’s time to spruce up the look of your die cut jewelry tags and earring cards. Ring in the New Year with new die cut jewelry cards and retail hang tags to help enhance your product display. Corcoran Printing is an expert in die cut jewelry tags and foil printing. Die cutting can really make your jewelry cards stand out from the competition. Die cut print is achieved through the use of a specially manufactured metal die that is used to cut cardstock and other materials into specific, pre-designed shapes and sizes. Read on to explore the various options for die cut jewelry tags and jewelry cards. Find a few design tips for all of your retail jewelry tag print needs as well.
Five Design tips for die cut jewelry cards & hang tags
- First of all, when planning your design, be sure the die cut jewelry tags or cards fit the look of your brand. Knowing your demographic will help in determining the look and style of your jewelry packaging. The quality of the jewelry display tags, earring cards, and other items should match the quality of your brand. It should also mirror the quality of the jewelry you are selling.
- Select your paper stock. Just like the design, the card stock should fit your brand and your product. Jewelry hang tags and necklace fold over cards can be printed on a variety of papers. This can include everything from textured to matte, gloss and many more options. A jewelry tag printer will show you samples and provide suggestions for the best paper to fit your needs and your budget.
- Size really does matter! After all, you don’t want your tiny post earrings to be lost on a huge earring card. A smaller card with a more delicate design will better showcase your product in this case. Tags for post or stud earrings may be different than one for loop or hook earrings. On the other hand, if you have a chunky necklace, you should consider a larger die cut folding necklace tag. This would be a sturdier option. Weight also matters in this case. Heavier necklaces and large bracelets may need a heavier card stock for better support when printing a jewelry hang tag for display. Consider the amount of content that will be on the jewelry card or hang tag when deciding on a size. Folding cards or folding tags may be a better option for jewelry cards that require a lot of text. One size does not fit all when it comes to jewelry hang tags and jewelry display cards. An experienced jewelry card printer can help you with suggestions and samples.
- Consider how your product will hang. In addition to being cut into a unique shape, jewelry tags can be die cut a hole punch. Options can include a standard hole punch, sombrero punch, hook-shaped die cut or another unique shape for ease of hanging on a display. If you want a hang hole or a sombrero punch on your jewelry tag, be sure to leave enough space in your design between the edge of your label and the hole. Always keep functionality in mind when designing your jewelry display tags.
- Decide on finishing print touches. Does your brand call for a classy die cut jewelry tag with luxurious silver or gold embossed print finish? Perhaps your brand is it more colorful and fun? Whether you opt for a full-color playful look or a more elegant look needs to be determined at the start of the design process. Furthermore, think about your brand and your target market from the outset.
Examples of printed jewelry packaging to help your products stand out
- Custom earring cards
- Bracelet display cards
- Foil stamped earring cards
- Necklace display cards
- Printed foldover jewelry cards
- Jewelry hang tags
- Printed accessory display cards
- Custom fold over jewelry hang tags
- Foldover necklace tags
- Die cut earring header cards
Die cut print for jewelry packaging can be as creative as your imagination. Carefully consider the design of your die cut jewelry tags and jewelry cards, because it can also help capture the attention of the consumer. First impressions are the most important. Take the time to thoughtfully plan out a new look for your printed earring cards and jewelry hang tags.
Interested in exploring the option of foil print on your next jewelry tag? Read our blog “Dazzle Consumers with Foil Stamped Packaging” or “Produce Extraordinary Design with Foil Printing.” Learn more about die cut printing on the Corcoran Printing website. Contact our jewelry hang tag print experts for help with all of your jewelry display needs.