Tuesday, July 3rd, 2018
Looking to save money on printed pet product packaging? Then it’s time to think outside the traditional box. Header cards, backer cards and insert cards are all affordable ways to enhance the shelf appeal of your pet product packaging. Your first step is to find an experienced retail packaging printer who can provide quality work at an affordable price. When selecting pet product packaging, it’s always important to remember that the quality of the printed packaging is a reflection of the quality of the product. Corcoran Printing is an east coast printer that provides affordable printed product packaging for the pet industry and other industries. Corcoran can provide high quality economical packaging that will help you engage pet product consumers and sell your products.
Cost-effective printed pet product packaging
- Header Cards
- Paper backer cards
- Die cut hang tags
- Hanging bag toppers
- Paper header card with hang hole
- Folded header card
- Die cut printed insert cards
- Packaging insert cards
Pet Product Header Cards
Printed hanging header cards affixed to merchandise bags are one of the most cost-effective ways to showcase your pet products. A well-designed header card not only catches the eye, but also provides great product visibility. Header cards are custom designed to fit your unique pet packaging needs and can be printed in almost any size. Once printed, they are cut to size and scored for ease of folding. In additional to being very functional, a hanging header card provides great visibility when your product will be hanging on a display. Best of all, header cards are affordably priced and can be produced quickly. Low cost does not mean low value when it comes to a printed header card. It may be the right solution for your retail packaging needs and your budget.
Pet Product Hang Tags
A hang tag is just what you’d think. It’s simply a tag that hangs from a pet product. A hang tag works well on durable pet products, such as leashes, harnesses, pet clothing, plush toys, chew toys, tug toys, pet shampoo and more. A custom printed hang tag can be die cut to any shape and size. They can be as extravagant or simple as you choose. A foil stamped hang tag on a luxury pet item can be very impressive in a simplistic way. An elegant hang tag can really showcase a high-end product. Depending on the design and special effects, a hang tag can be an extremely cost effective method of packaging for pet products.
Printed Pet Product Backer Cards
Like a hang tag, a printed backer card works well with items that are durable. It’s important to remember that the pet product will be exposed when considering the use of a backer card for packaging. Think the big chew bone zip tied to a hanging backer card, the dog collar on a backer card or the pet grooming brush attached to a backer card that you may have seen in a pet store. Backer cards are perfect when you want a consumer to be able to touch your product, such as a pet toy that squeaks.
Printed Insert Cards
Insert cards are an integral part of many pet product packages. They’re ideal for things such as clear cartons, clamshells or even plastic sleeves. They refer to the printed card that sits inside a clamshell or other type package that identifies the product and provides information of interest to the consumer. Insert cards can be die cut to fit the specific size and shape of a clear carton. They work well for so many different types of products, and just like header cards, can be very cost effective.
Four tips for selecting the right type of printed pet product packaging
- First and foremost, you want your pet product packaging to fit your brand. Your packaging should look consistent across all of your products. This is important even if you’ve chosen different packaging for different items. Be sure your brand remains consistent. Remember, your packaging is an in-store ad for your product and your brand!
- Second, know your audience. Is it a youthful demographic that wants to see more sustainable looking packaging, a target that is looking for the best deal, or a demographic that wants to see more luxury? Understanding your audience will enable you to focus on the right packaging solution from the start.
- Third, be familiar with your competitors’ packaging. If your product is hanging in a crowded pet store aisle filled with similar products, you’ll want to be sure to stand out for all of the right reasons. You want your items purchased first!
- Finally, know your budget. Price needs to be a consideration when creating packaging. You don’t want a luxury, foil stamped header card for a very low cost item. On the other hand, you don’t want a one-color, cheap looking hang tag for an expensive, more select pet item. The packaging should fit your budget, as well as the item you are selling. Another important consideration, the cost of the packaging should not dramatically impact the retail cost of the item.
Get a quote for your printed pet product packaging
Your pet product packaging may be your first interaction with your customer, make it count! Corcoran Printing can help with design planning as well as print of your next packaging project. Our pet product packaging solutions are available in a variety of paperboard stocks to best fit the weight of the product and the individual packaging design. Our intricate die cut technology enables us to provide custom shapes, perforation and sizes, as well as multiple hang holes. Really want to impress? The use of eye-popping colors, bright graphics, custom foil stamping or embossing can all help your product stand out to consumers. Contact Corcoran Printing for affordable, easy packaging solutions for you’re your retail products.Tags: backer cards, chew toys, Corcoran Printing, cost-effective printed pet product packaging, custom printed hang tag, custom shapes, die cut, die cut hang tags, die cut printed insert cards, die cut technology, easy packaging solutions, economical packaging, elegant hang tag, embossing, foil stamped hang tag, foil stamped header card, folded header card, hang tags, hanging backer card, hanging bag toppers, hanging header card, harnesses, header card, header cards, individual packaging design, insert cards, labels, leashes, luxury pet item, multiple hang holes, packaging for pet products, packaging insert cards, packaging project, packaging solution, paper backer cards, paper header card with hang hole, perforation, pet clothing, pet packaging, pet product hang tags, pet product header cards, pet product packaging, pet product packaging solutions, pet shampoo, plush toys, printed hanging header cards, printed header card, printed insert cards, printed packaging, printed pet product backer cards, printed pet product packaging, retail packaging printer, tug toys