Do you have a product that’s fighting to stand out on a crowded shelf and catch the eye of the consumer? In addition to being attention-grabbing, your product packaging should also be part of the overall product experience for the consumer. A bit more consideration spent on printed product packaging can be a key to your retail success.
Here are five reasons your product packing may be limiting your sales
- First impressions matter. If your packaging is not immediately attention grabbing, consumers may quickly move on to the next product on the shelf. This is especially vital when launching new products. In addition to an appealing design, your packaging should be made with quality materials. This will ensure the product inside is protected and the packaging does not look damaged. Low-quality product packaging can give the impression of a low-quality product.
- The packaging is not a proper representation of the product inside. Perhaps you are a manufacturer using environmentally harmful packaging for your environmentally friendly product. That is a big fail when trying reach your target consumer. It may be a reason your product sales are not where they should be. Packaging should always be a true representation of the product inside. For instance, if you are selling a high-end or gourmet product you may want to consider foil stamping and embossing for your packaging. This will give your upscale products a look of sophistication and immediately relate as a luxury product to consumers. This luxury packaging will also have a direct impact on the amount a consumer may be willing to pay for a product.
- Your custom printed packaging does not fit your brand. Your packaging must not only fit your product, but it should also fit your brand. Brand recognition with an established brand is important to product success. Your packaging should reach out and grab your target audience, while staying true to your brand integrity. Does your product packaging fit your brand messaging and values? Individual products should keep a consistent look across your brand. It should stay true to your brand while showcasing each separate products identity.
- It’s plain and simple, your product packaging is boring. When you are fighting for attention in a crowded marketplace, you need to be innovative and appealing to consumers. Packaging that is lackluster can be the downfall of a good product. Careful attention to color-schemes, print special effects, die cutting and packaging materials can help improve your chances of product success. Think outside the box. Try new and different package shapes, paper textures and special print effects and finishes. The package print experts at Corcoran Printing can help you come up with innovative packaging ideas.
- Does your packaging communicate clearly? What is this product and what is it for? Once you capture attention, you want to provide clarity. Are you clear in communicating with the consumer? What are the special features of your product? Any unique ingredients? Is your product organic? Key attributes or endorsements that would sway a consumer to purchase your product should be communicated as a selling point on packaging.
Distinctive product packaging is what’s going to make your product stand out.
Your printed product packaging should always be authentic and memorable, and representative of your brand and your product. It’s best to work with a designer and a retail packaging printer who can turn your packaging vision into a reality. Remember, product packaging is the final thing a consumer will look at before buying. It’s your last chance to influence a purchase.
For more information on how unique professional printed packaging can help you sell more products, contact the die cut, foil stamp and print experts at Corcoran Printing at 1-800-564-0085 or visit us at www.corcoranprinting.com. call Corcoran Printing retail package and retail sales display printers today.